Newton Wovenaire crib mattress, exorbitant expense or priceless reassurance?
If you ask me, one of the perks of pregnancy is getting to design the perfect little area for your new baby!
Planning everything, shopping, and opening all the cute baby themed decor is bliss for a Mom-to-be. We are meticulous – selecting color patterns, designs, crib styles and sheet sets.
We spend hours trying to finding the perfect baby monitor and order loads of “sniffle fighters” to stock the cabinets with Gripe Water, NoseFrida and Gas Drops, oh my!
You name it we have it!!
Yet, there’s is one thing that I feel is often overlooked and that is crib mattress selection.
This post contains affiliate links.
I think It’s safe to say that EVERY parents worst nightmare is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). The anxiety and fear of SIDS plagues new and experienced parents alike.
I know I’ve woken up countless times, in the middle of the night in a full on panic. The fear of their precious little face being smashed into the crib mattress, unable to breath is a horrifying thought for any parent.
And one way we, as parents can reduce the risk of SIDS (and just maybe sleep better at night ourselves) is by choosing a crib mattress like the Newton Wovenaire crib mattress that is safe and 100% breathable.
I’ve been using the Newton Wovenaire crib mattress, for 2 years now and I can honestly say that it has given me a little more peace of mind and one less worry.
I don’t even have to give a second thought about a nose down face buried in a mattress and to me, that’s PRICELESS!
What Makes Newton Wovenaire crib mattress Different?
- It’s a 100% BREATHABLE crib mattress
- Made with 90% free air & 10% food-grade polymer. You can literally smash your face in it and still breath through it! No more night time panic attacks worrying about baby being suffocated from sleeping on their face.
- It’s 100% Washable
- Unzip the snug fitting sheet, throw it in the wash and then you can put the whole crib mattress core in the shower for a rinse!
- It’s non-toxic, foam-free, latex-free, spring, glue and allergen free! Made in the USA.
- There’s no nasty plastic smell to it and you don’t have to worry about your baby breathing in leftover chemical fumes.
- It’s environmentally friendly
- Being made out of food-grade polymer it is 100% recyclable.
- No need for a Mattress protector
- Because it’s washable you do not have to worry about buying a mattress protector, which are lined with thick plastics offering no way for baby to breath.
- Amazing reviews
When you look at traditional crib mattress that are full of springs, foams and covered in plastics they don’t stand a chanced against the Newton Crib Mattress!
My Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress
We’ve been using the Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress for about two years now and Rayne and I love it! Emmy will soon inherit it after I “kick her out” of our room.
When we first got it I was a little skeptical about the claim stating you can shove your whole face into and still breath comfortably. But, to my skeptics’ surprise, it held true!
Not only is Rayne sleeping better and taking longer naps, I now have peace of mind and no longer wake up several times a night worried about her sleeping face down and suffocating.
I WISH that I would have had this when Jade was a baby! Being my first child I could not make it through naptime without freaking out – I barely slept at night between her wake-ups and my own.
It was heavier than I expected since it’s made with mostly air, I thought it was going to be like feather light.
The crib mattress does not have ANY chemical smell! Rayne’s starter mattress was a memory foam of sorts and I had to let it air out for days and even now it still holds it’s smell.
The cover/sheet that comes with it zips around it so you don’t have to worry about loss edges, or baby pulling the sheet off. You can buy an extra cover for the Newton crib mattress for fast change outs.
You can fit a standard sized crib sheet on the mattress. I prefer to use one as I feel like the cover is a little bit scratchy because of the holes. I just use a cotton jersey sheet – NO mattress protector or pad.
We have a standard sized crib and it fits snuggly inside. I have no doubt that this mattress will hold up over time. We plan on using it for at least 2-3 more years.
All-in-all I definitely recommend it!